Lierre is a writer, small farmer, and radical feminist activist. She is the author of six books, including The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability, which has been called “the most important ecological book of this generation.” She is coauthor,
with Derrick Jensen and Aric McBay, of Deep Green Resistance: Strategy to Save the Planet. She’s also been arrested six times.
In today’s show we delve into the topic of veganism and the impact it can have on fertility. We also tackle the idea that veganism is going to save the world, and eating meat is going to destroy it.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Why our modern culture makes us more susceptible to extreme ideologies and dietary practices like veganism
- The flawed idea that veganism via eliminating the use of all meat products will “save the world”
- Veganism as modern day starvation often leading to significant nutritional deficiencies and serious health conditions
- Why we are so disconnected form what our bodies need
- The link between amenorrhea and veganism in Lierre’s case
- How modern process food has impacted our culture & our relationship with food
- The loss of traditional wisdom and ancestral practices
- The way veganism ignores the historical kinship between human beings and animals
- The relationship between vegan diets and fertility
- The dangers of incorporating too much soy in the diet for fertility and overall health
- Will veganism save the world?
- The reality of farming – what is needed for healthy soil
- The impact of agriculture in our industrialized world
- The alternative to agriculture and veganism that will actually help to improve our planet
Connect with Lierre
You can connect with Lierre on her website
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic