I’m happy to welcome Lily Nichols back to the show! If you didn’t get a chance to tune in to our first episode together, make sure to go back to episode 16 and listen in. In our previous episode Lily and I talked about Gestational diabetes and how to address it through a real food diet instead of relying on medication. Lily is a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist, a Certified Diabetes Educator, a Certified LEAP Therapist, and a Certified Pilates Instructor. But today we’re shifting the focus to an entirely different topic!
In today’s episode we are delving into Lily’s fitness background as a certified Pilates instructor and talking all about exercise during pregnancy. Lily has a unique and varied background that has given her the opportunity to work with pregnant women in many capacities. Lily breaks down the health benefits of exercise during pregnancy. Not only does exercise during pregnancy help to keep mom and baby healthy but it significantly decreases the risk of gestational diabetes not to mention the numerous additional benefits that Lily goes through during the show. Lily also outlines what exercises work best for women during different stages of pregnancy, and dispels many common myths about the level of exercise that is best for pregnancy. We talk about how much is too much, how much is too little and how to know where you fall on that continuum. This is a great episode for anyone wanting to get pregnant in the future or anyone who is already expecting! I think you’ll enjoy this one!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What are the benefits of exercising during pregnancy for mom?
- How does exercise benefit the baby?
- What are the best exercises that women can do during pregnancy?
- Is it possible to “over-exercise”?
- The implications of exercising soely for the purpose of getting back that “perfect” “pre-pregnancy body”
- How to know when you should slow it down
- How to modify exercises for pregnancy
- What exercises you should NOT be doing while pregnant
- Why you can probably do way more than you think!
Connect with Lily!
- The Pilates Nutritionist | Lily Nichols
- Real Food for Gestational Diabetes: An Effective Alternative to the Conventional Nutrition Approach | Lily Nichols
- Real Food for Gestational Diabetes | Lily Nichols
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)