Mary is a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practitioner and acupuncturist who has been in practice for over 20 years. The vast majority of her patients have struggled with gynecological disorders, fertility challenges, and pregnancy-related issues.
She is the author of Pathways to Pregnancy: Personal Stories and Practical Advice for Your Fertility Journey, and She is the founder & CEO of ALIVE Holistic Health Clinic located in downtown Toronto. Mary’s personal experience with fertility challenges has fostered compassion and a deep respect for the families who come to her for help. Mary has seen the many faces that infertility presents, and the equally diverse pathways to pregnancy presented by conventional and complementary medicine. It is her greatest hope that by she can bring a renewed sense of possibility to infertility sufferers, and deepen their understanding of this widespread condition to the public consciousness.
In today’s episode we talk about issues that interfere with pregnancy and cause fertility challenges . We also talk about the challenge for patients who have received a diagnosis of infertility. We delve into the practical ways women can move forward with hope in the face of receiving such a daunting diagnosis.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Find out how a diagnosis of blocked fallopian tubes shook Mary’s belief system to it’s core and forced her to embrace Western Medicine as a complement to her Eastern philosophies and practice
- The myth that couples who struggle to conceive can simply “adopt”
- Why a diagnosis of infertility has been shown to be as stressful as a cancer diagnosis
- What is the “Nocebo” effect? And how can it impact women who are seeking medical support to address their fertility challenges?
- How to deconstruct a diagnosis of infertility and maintain hope after being told you have no options
- Are your eggs really “old”?
- What is poor ovarian reserve?
- The three markers of poor ovarian reserve and what they really mean
- Why a high FSH level can impair your chances of having a successful IVF cycle
- Practical ways to reduce and manage stress without adding more to your plate?
- How to incorporate a mindfulness practice into your daily life
- How to manage the 2 week period after IVF implantation without driving yourself crazy
Connect with Mary
- Mary Wong (website)
- Alive Holistic Health | Mary Wong
- Pathways to Pregnancy: Personal stories and practical advice for your fertility journey
- FFP 088 | IVF Using Donor Eggs | Egg Donation | Infertility | Donor Egg Bank USA | Heidi Hayes
- FFP 074 | Resurrection Year | Maintaining Hope Through Infertility | Sheridan Voysey
- FFP 089 | Treating Infertility Naturally | Natural Fertility Solutions | Functional Medicine | Getting to the Root Cause | Gabriela Rosa
- FFP 040 | Premature Ovarian Failure at Age 28, IVF Using Donor Eggs, and Fertility Coaching | Sarah Clark
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic