Meghan is a Toronto-based author, speaker, nutritionist, and founder of the Academy of Culinary Nutrition. She is the author of two best-selling, award winning books, UnDiet: Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health and The UnDiet Cookbook. Meghan has been featured in Forbes, was ranked as one of the top 100 female entrepreneurs in Canada by PROFIT Magazine, and was named Best Holistic Nutritionist in 2017 and 2018 by National Nutrition Awards. With over ten years in the field, Meghan works tirelessly to empower her global community of Certified Culinary Nutrition Experts to become health leaders in the respective communities.
And in today’s episode we dive into preconception planning. Even if pregnancy is something you’re thinking about in the distant future, there are things you can start doing today to prepare for it.
Today’s episode is sponsored by The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. The Fifth Vital Sign is available for purchase on Amazon. Exciting news!! The audiobook is finally here! Listen to The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE when you sign up for a 30 day free trial with Audible. Click here to download now.
- How Meghan’s self-healing experience for her autoimmune disease led her to her interest and studies in nutrition
- There is no one diet for every person or for one person their whole life
- How changes in diet could impact your fertility in the preconception phase
- Simple things to change in your household to prepare for pregnancy
- How to reduce causes of concern in your life when planning for pregnancy
- Benefits of getting high quality fat & protein postpartum
- The importance of finding answers and solutions that are good for you and your family and not putting too much pressure and stress on yourself to do something that is right for someone else
- Why it’s important to also focus on male fertility
Connect with Meghan Telpner:
- Meghan Telpner | Website
- 15 Healthy Nursery Essentials
- Academy of Culinary Nutrition
- Baby Food Introduction
- UnDiet: Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health
- The UnDiet Cookbook
- FFP 243 | The Fourth Trimester | Postpartum Care with Maga Mama | Kimberly Ann Johnson
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize your Fertility | Audiobook | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Get The First chapter of The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE | thefifthvitalsignbook.com
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 242 | Planning for Pregnancy | What You Need To Know! | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 207 | Top 10 Ways I’m Preparing For Pregnancy | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 188 | Real Food For Pregnancy | Optimizing vegetarian & vegan diets for pregnancy | Lily Nichols
- FFP 172 | Nourishing Fats | Why You Need Animal Fats For Fertility & Pregnancy | Sally Fallon Morell
- FFP 163 | PCOS & Fertility | Improving Fertility & Balancing Hormones with Diet & Lifestyle Changes | Robyn Srigley
- FFP 009 | Sacred Fertility Foods | The key to having healthy babies and a healthy pregnancy | Sally Fallon-Morell
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my new book The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. Click here to buy now.