Melissa is an expert on endometriosis and women’s health. She is incredibly passionate about changing the lives of women with endometriosis and is saddened by how many women are being restricted by the condition. She knows there are other ways to treat the condition beyond surgery, hormone treatments, and pain-killers. Having overcome stage 4 endometriosis herself, she is a guiding light for women with endometriosis who are keen to use a natural and holistic approach.
In today’s show, we talk about endometriosis what causes it, what the common symptoms are, and why it often goes undiagnosed. Endometriosis is best known for the pain and anguish many women experience when they have it, but many women experience little if any overt symptoms. Melissa and I discuss non-invasive ways to address endometriosis, and how to know when surgery is necessary.
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Melissa shares how she overcome endometriosis and how her own experience compelled her to support women to do the same through her Endo-Empowered program.
- What is the REACH technique?
- What role do Natural Killer cells play in endometriosis?
- Why is endometriosis so painful for so many women?
- How do you know if you might have endometriosis? What signs should you be looking for?
- The connection between liver health and endometriosis
- How is Glyphosate — i.e. Roundup connected to rising endometriosis rates?
- What is the connection between gluten and menstrual cycle issues like endometriosis?
- Why pain with sex may be an important indicator that you could have endometriosis
Connect with Melissa.
- FFP 122 | Liver Function, Fertility, & Menstrual Health | Xenoestrogens | Liver Detoxification | Fatty Liver Disease | Lisa Leger, HRHPE
- FFP 065 | 6 Easy Ways to Reduce Your Xenoestrogen Exposure with Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 136 | Endometriosis, PCOS & Fibroids | Surgical Techniques That Preserve Fertility | NaPro Technology | Dr. Kyle Beiter
- FFP 017 | Natural Treatment for Unexplained Infertility | Treating Endometriosis and Fibroids | Dr. Shawna Darou, ND
- Cora Tampons | Organic Tampons That Work
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor | Cora Tampons
This episode is sponsored by Cora! Made from 100% organic cotton, Cora tampons were designed not only to help you manage your periods but also to preserve your health. For every month of tampons you buy, Cora gives a month of pads along with menstrual health education to a girl in need in India. Click here to receive your first month’s supply free of charge.
*Please note that Cora only ships within the United States.
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Gain clarity and confidence using the Fertility Awareness Method and improve your cycle health at the same time! Click here for more information!