He isn’t a doctor or a woman, but he is passionate about exposing the very real dangers of hormonal birth control. Mike Gaskins is a media writer/producer who began his journey as a women’s health advocate after a world-renowned physician lied to him about birth control side effects. This chance encounter triggered a passion for research that led Mike to discover many shocking levels of deceit and misinformation surrounding these potent drugs.
He recently collaborated with a group of leading physicians and women’s health advocates on a citizen’s petition to the FDA asking for new and stronger black box warnings on all hormonal contraceptives.
He frequently writes for websites like Hormones Matter and Natural Womanhood, and his new book, In the Name of The Pill explores the dubious nature of both the history and science of hormonal birth control.
In today’s episode we talk about hormonal birth control. We get into the history, the safety, and the controversy. Definitely an episode you won’t want to miss!
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery LIVE 8 week group coaching program! Click here to register now!
- Mike’s wife experience and side effects of birth control led him to advocate for women’s health and birth control
- What are the life threatening side effects of hormonal birthday control?
- Why are life threatening side effects from the pill minimized by Doctors?
- Doctors’ approach to dealing with women’s negative side effects from Birth Control
- Details and outcomes of the Nelson Pill Trial
- Hormonal birth control became the first drug ever to have a patient information packet
- The connection between birth control and other diseases such as Lupus
- How the pill impacts the immune function?
- How are Doctors trained to address side effects with their patients?
- What role can men play or support women
Connect with Mike Gaskins:
- In the Name of the Pill
- Reproductive Rights and Wrongs
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 289 | Taking the Leap from Hormonal Birth Control to Fertility Awareness | Stephanie & Lisa
- FFP 200 | Using Fertility Awareness For Birth Control | Natural Birth Control | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 184 | Transitioning From Hormonal Birth Control | Optimizing Sex for Conception | Lisa & Aubrey
- FFP 182 | Depression, Weight Gain & Mood Disorders | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | Lisa & Lorena
- FFP 159 | Vulvodynia | Pain with Sex (Intercourse) | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | Lisa & Madeline
- FFP 146 | Anxiety, Depression & Low Libido | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | LeAnna & Samantha
- FFP 140 | Transitioning From Hormonal Birth Control After Long Term Pill Use | Lisa | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: