Dr. Pamela Frank, BSc (Hons), ND has been practicing as a naturopathic doctor since 1999 and has 20 years of experience as a medical laboratory technologist at Humber River Regional Hospital. She is Clinic Director of Forces of Nature Wellness Clinic in Toronto and was twice voted “Best Naturopath in Toronto” by the readers of NOW Magazine and twice selected as Best Naturopathy in Toronto by the City Centre Mirror.
Dr. Frank has a particular interest in natural, evidence-based treatment for hormonal imbalances including infertility, acne, hair loss, endometriosis, and PCOS.
Because of her background in laboratory medicine, Dr. Frank advocates for an extensive investigation into the cause of disease and has helped thousands of patients restore their hair, have healthy babies, clear their skin, balance their hormones & enjoy greater vitality.
In today’s show, we talk about her perspective on different areas of specialization from endometriosis to PCOS, and unexplained infertility, and her process when it comes to treating and supporting her patients to improve their health and their fertility. She also explained her detailed diagnostic protocol and approach that she takes for her patients. She also shares that improving health and fertility is a complex process. That it is important that you go to a practitioner that specializes in that area before you make a decision.
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Dr Frank shares her experience working as a Naturopath in Toronto over the past 20 years.
- She describes her specialization and how it shifted from her previous practice
- She shares her own personal experience having a child at age 41
- Dr. Frank shares her personal experience overcoming PCOS
- Why your IVF doctor may not be doing the same tests as your functional practitioner
- Why an investigation for endometriosis should be done in any case of “unexplained infertility”
- What is PCOS? What are the most common signs and symptoms?
- What is the relationship between testosterone levels and PCOS?
- Improving fertility in non-invasive ways
- Treating endometriosis, PCOS and other reproductive health issues naturally
- The impact hormonal birth control has on your body
- The importance of balancing blood sugar when dealing with PCOS
- The relationship between Acne & PCOS
Connect with Dr. Pamela Frank
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor | Cora Tampons
This episode is sponsored by Cora! Made from 100% organic cotton, Cora tampons were designed not only to help you manage your periods but also to preserve your health. For every month of tampons you buy, Cora gives a month of pads along with menstrual health education to a girl in need in India. Click here to receive your first month’s supply free of charge.
*Please note that Cora only ships within the United States.
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Gain clarity and confidence using the Fertility Awareness Method and improve your cycle health at the same time! Click here for more information!