Today’s guest is Will Sacks, co-founder of the Kindara charting app! If you haven’t heard of Kindara, it is one of the most user-friendly fertility awareness charting apps available. I started charting my cycles before the age of charting apps and I have found Kindara to be one of the best fertility awareness friendly charting apps out there. I love that the “predictor setting” is optional, and that the user-friendly interface allows me to track all of my fertility signs easily. I also love that using the Kindara app links you to a community of women where you can share your charts and support each other.
Will studied mechanical engineering and economics at McGill University, and when he learned about fertility awareness charting he discovered the magic of the feminine, and came to appreciate and understand women on a much deeper level. He appreciates how this level of understanding is lacking in our culture and has been working to improve the ability of women to understand and track their fertility by creating the Kindara Charting app.
In today’s episode we talk about the different ways that fertility awareness charting can help women to discover and appreciate their own fertility and the amazing ways that our bodies work. We also talk about the impact that fertility awareness charting can have on your relationship. Fertility awareness charting offers couples the opportunity to share the responsibility when it comes to contraception, and that is something that is often lacking in many of the commonly used contraceptive methods such as hormonal contraceptives or condoms. We talk about how using fertility awareness charting can increase openness and closeness between partners as well as allow both partners the opportunity to develop not only an increased understanding but also a deep appreciation and reverence for women and their fertility cycles.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- The positive impact that using the fertility awareness method can have on couples who use it
- The role that the fertility awareness method can play in creating equality between men and women, and putting an end to misogyny
- What are the benefits of learning fertility awareness?
- Having “the talk” with your partner about birth control options
- Fertility awareness from a man’s perspective
- Will talks about his appearance on The Doctor’s and how frustrating it is that medical practitioners often continue to have such limited knowledge of fertility awareness based methods of birth control
- How the Kindara app different from other “period tracker apps”
- Why the Kindara app works so well for women who are using fertility awareness
- What is on the horizon for Kindara?
- Why the new Wink thermometer technology is such a great innovation for women who use the fertility awareness method
- Why everyone should be learning the basics behind fertility and the menstrual cycle
- Tips for transitioning to fertility awareness after coming off of hormonal contraceptives
Connect with Will!
- Kindara | Will Sacks
- Will Sacks | Focus Create
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility | Toni Weschler
- The Garden of Fertility | Katie Singer
- Sweetening the Pill : or How We Got Hooked on Hormonal Birth Control | Holly Grigg-Spall
- Sweetening the Pill | Holly Grigg Spall
- Sweetening the Pill Movie
- The Optimized Woman: If You Want to Get Ahead Get a Cycle | Miranda Gray
- Optimized Woman | Miranda Gray
- If Men Could Menstruate | Gloria Steinem
- Fertility Appreciation Collaborative to Teach the Systems | FACTS | Dr Marguerite Duane
- FFP 007 | What the pill really does to your hormones | PCOS & Menstrual Irregularities | Dr Lara Briden
- FFP 021 | What Hormonal Contraceptives Really do to Women | Sweetening the Pill | Holly Grigg-Spall
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)