In this edition of my Fertility Awareness Reality Series, I am airing a client session with Kelly. Kelly is a member of my most recent Fertility Friday Group Program. She recently came off hormonal contraceptives and joined the group in preparation for pregnancy. Although Kelly isn’t actively trying to conceive at the moment, she joined the group as a way to better understand her cycles and focus on improving her menstrual cycle health before she starts trying to conceive later on this year.
One of the themes that arises in this episode is the importance of self advocacy. Kelly recently received a diagnosis of Hashimotos Thyroiditis as a result of our sessions together during the group program. In light of her new diagnosis she has been making a number of changes to her diet and lifestyle to address this, and she is also working closely with a functional practitioner who is supervising her care. With that being said, in Kelly’s case this issue was only identified because she requested testing. An important reminder that we have to take an active role in our own healthcare.
In this episode, as in the other episodes in my Fertility Awareness Reality Series, I pull back the curtain and show you inside a real client session. You get to see exactly what it’s like to work with me one-on-one!
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Kelly’s experience with hormonal contraceptives
- Kelly’s recent diagnosis of Hypothyroid (Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis)
- The impact of thyroid disorders on the menstrual cycle chart
- What days are optimal for trying to conceive?
- Why it’s important to have your partner’s sperm analyzed right off the bat
- The role of cervical mucus in filtering out defective sperm
- How to manage a gluten free diet?
- A whole food gluten free diet vs a junk food gluten free diet
Related Podcast Episodes
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 130 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Transitioning from Hormonal Birth Control To Fertility Awareness | Coming Off The Pill | Lisa & Amy
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 129 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Shifting Your Mindset from Predicting Your Cycle (Rhythm Method Thinking) to Fertility Awareness | Lisa & Leda
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP | 113 Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | Making Fertility Awareness Work for You | FAM & Breastfeeding | Managing Your Fertile Window | Sarah, Lisa, & Rose Yewchuk
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 112 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Low Progesterone, Miscarriage, Stress & The Menstrual Cycle | Overcoming Fertility Challenges | Amelia & Lisa
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 107 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Fertility Awareness Method | Low Hormone Cycle | Impact of a Long-Term Vegetarian Diet on the Menstrual Cycle | Carolina & Lisa
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 105 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Fertility Awareness Method | PCOS | Balancing Blood Sugar | Nutrition for Fertility | Teri & Lisa
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Fertility Friday | Fertility Friday Group Programs
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Friday Group Programs! Gain clarity and confidence using the Fertility Awareness Method and improve your cycle health at the same time! New groups are starting in April 2017: Click here for more information!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic