I have a special compilation episode for you today where I share interviews with two incredible health professionals.
Dr. Pizzorno is one of the world’s leading authorities on science-based natural medicine. In 2000, Dr. Pizzorno was appointed by President Clinton to the White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine Policy and by President Bush to the Medicare Coverage Advisory Committee in 2002. Dr. Pizzorno is the author or co-author of 10 books, including the internationally acclaimed Textbook of Natural Medicine and the best-selling Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine. He has also recently released his newest Book The Toxin Solution.
In our interview, Dr. Pizzorno talks about toxicity and why we need to be actively reducing our toxic load prior to pregnancy. How to know if you are toxic, and what to do to reduce your toxic load before you start having children. He also shares the true cause of insulin resistance, and spoiler alert it’s not sugar.
Dr. Klassen is a Naturopathic Doctor who works out of Calgary (Alberta). He teaches anatomy & physiology, cellular biology, and pathology at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition in Calgary
In our interview, Dr. Klassen talks about liver function and the role of the liver in clearing both our natural estrogens and also synthetic exogenous estrogens and progestins. We talk about hormonal contraceptives, how they impact our endocrine function, and why long term use is problematic. We also talk about digestion and the critical role digestion plays in maintaining endocrine balance and overall health.
Registration is now open for the next round of my 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program! We’re starting the first week of of September 2017. Make sure to head over to the group program page and apply today to reserve your spot.
- Why it’s incredibly important for women to decrease their toxic load for a minimum of a year prior to pregnancy
- Why nature prioritized the mother and dumps toxins directly into the baby during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- How can we tell if we are toxic?
- The genetic factors that determine how efficiently you are able to detoxify naturally
- How to find a practitioner to support you in detoxifying prior to pregnancy
- The importance of switching to an organic lifestyle to reduce your toxic exposure
- The link between toxins and other issues like diabetes
- Why sugar isn’t the cause of diabetes
- The connection between toxic exposure and insulin resistance
- What are the 3 main estrogens in the body and how are they different
- Why it’s critical to have a balance of estrogen and progesterone for healthy fertility
- Why taking one hormone can affect the levels of a number of other hormones in the body
- Why antibiotics lower the effectiveness of hormonal contraceptives
- Why women who take hormonal contraceptives have very low levels of their natural estrogen and progesterone
- The connection between progesterone and thyroid hormones
- How to support the body to clear both natural and synthetic hormones from the body
- The connection between stress and fertility
- The importance of mindful eating as a way to improve digestion
Connect with Dr. Pizzorno
Connect with Dr. Klassen
Related Podcast Episodes
- FFP 143 | Choosing the Right Practitioner | How To Find A Functional Practitioner Who Will Really Help You | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 126 | Does Your Diet Impact Your Breastmilk? | Eating for Two: How to Produce the Most Nutritious Breastmilk | Managing the Postpartum Period | What Breastfeeding is Really Like | Lily Nichols
- FFP 122 | Liver Function, Fertility, & Menstrual Health | Xenoestrogens | Liver Detoxification | Fatty Liver Disease | Lisa Leger, HRHPE
- FFP 108 | Cervical Mucus & Hormonal Health | Fertility Awareness Method Cycle Charting | Diet, Gut Health & Fertility | Vicki Braun
- FFP 106 | What You Need To Know About Progesterone and Pregnancy | Using Your Cycle To Time Hormone Testing | Fertility Awareness Method | Dr. Nora Pope
- FFP 065 | 6 Easy Ways to Reduce Your Xenoestrogen Exposure with Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 058 | Post Pill Detox | Why You May Want to Detox Before Getting Pregnant | Dr. Aumatma Shah
- FFP 049 | Improving Fertility Naturally by Optimizing Your Diet, Lifestyle, and Environment | Eleni Roumeliotou
- FFP 021 | What Hormonal Contraceptives Really do to Women | Sweetening the Pill | Holly Grigg-Spall
- FFP 007 | What the pill really does to your hormones | PCOS & Menstrual Irregularities | Dr. Lara Briden
- 6 Easy Ways to Reduce Your Xenoestrogen Exposure
- 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program | Program Details
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
Fertility Friday | 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program!
This episode is sponsored by my 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program! Master Fertility Awareness in a supportive environment surrounded by an amazing group of like-minded women! Click here to reserve your spot in the group!