In today’s episode Katy shares her experience charting through severe PMDD during the FAMM program. Katy’s experience speaks to the connection between the menstrual cycle and mental health, and how hormonal imbalances magnified her OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) symptoms prior to her period. If you’ve ever struggled with PMS or PMDD symptoms this episode is a must listen.
Katy, also known as Reflex East, is a Reflexologist based in East London, England. She has been supporting people with their fertility and reproductive challenges with the calming power of reflexology in her private practice for 3 years. At the start of 2022 Katy joined Lisa as part of the FAMM programme. Having had her own mental health struggles, exacerbated by PMDD, Katy has personally found the FAMM protocols invaluable. Katy firmly believes that anyone who has a period or struggles to know how to relax should have the tools she can offer easily available to them and is excited to offer fertility awareness to support her clients on a deeper level.
Join us on Wednesday, November 30th (12:30PM ET) for a live masterclass on incorporating the menstrual cycle as a vital sign in your professional practice! Click here to register today and you’ll also gain access to the replay!
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program, class of 2023! Early-bird registration is officially open for next year’s class of 2023. Will you be joining us? Click here to register now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- How Katy’s cycle impacts her mental health
- The therapy that has been life-changing for Katy and her mental health
- What is OCD and the various types
- What is PMDD
- How Katy’s change in diet has benefited her menstrual cycle
- When PMS crosses over to PMDD
- How the changes in Katy’s own cycle have impacted the work with her clients
- How charting and the FAMM program have impacted Katy’s menstrual cycle and mental health
Connect with Katy:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 401 | Managing Severe PMDD | Alden & Lisa
- [FAMM Practitioner Series] FFP 393 | PMS & Low Progesterone | Preconception Planning | Nora DeBora
- FFP 383 | Boosting Low Progesterone | Short Luteal Phase | PMS | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 308 | How Does Stress Impact The Menstrual Cycle? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!