Today I’m sharing an interview with Dr. Camille Hammond to give you a medical doctor’s perspective on fibroids.
Camille T.C. Hammond, MD, MPH is the CEO of the Tinina Q. Cade Foundation. She is an expert on infertility education, advocacy and support. She has been published in the peer reviewed scientific literature and in newspapers and magazines. She and her work have been featured on television, news and testified to legislators on Capitol Hill about infertility related legislation.
She has also served as a keynote speaker and presented at scientific conferences and other programs. Through her work at the Tinina Q. Cade Foundation, she has hosted hundreds of education conferences for families sharing about different ways to become a parent and overcome infertility.
Dr. Hammond is the author of several books, including The Guud Book: About Infertility, and The Guud Book about Faith and Fertility. She is also the owner of the publishing house Guud Books about Tough Topics.
After an extraordinary medical journey gave Camille and her husband Jason, two boys and a girl, the couple decided to give back and help others still going through infertility. They started the Tinina Q Cade Foundation which, to date, has awarded 92 families with grants of up to $10,000.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook. The first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- What prompted Dr. Camille to go into medicine and specialize in women’s health
- What inspired Dr. Camille to create the Cade Foundation
- What are fibroids and how can they impact pregnancy
- Why are black women more prone to fibroids
- What are the common symptoms of fibroids
- How fibroids can relate to pain
- What flags should women be paying attention to in order to detect fibroids
Connect with Dr. Camille Hammond:
- The Guud Book: About Infertility
- The Guud Book about Faith and Fertility
- Tinina Q Cade Foundation
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 450 | Fibroids & The IUD | Pill Reality Series | Lisa & Augustina
- FFP 227 | Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals, Fibroids, and Epigenetics | Dr. Tiffany Katz, Ph.D.
- FFP 136 | Endometriosis, PCOS & Fibroids | Surgical Techniques That Preserve Fertility | NaPro Technology | Dr. Kyle Beiter
- FFP 017 | Natural Treatment for Unexplained Infertility | Treating Endometriosis and Fibroids | Dr Shawna Darou, ND
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply