Why do 50% of women stop taking the pill the first year they use it? Why are so many women dissatisfied with hormonal contraceptives (HCs)? Join me in today’s brand new FAMM Research Series episode to discover the most common reasons women come off HCs!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook. The first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- The most common reason women stop taking hormonal contraceptives
- The contraceptives with the highest discontinuation rates
- What research companies hope to gain from drug surveys
- Why women are less likely to refill their prescriptions for hormonal contraceptives
- The benefits of fertility awareness and other non-hormonal methods over birth control
- The contraceptive with the highest continuation rate
Connect with Lisa:
- Hormonal Contraceptive Discontinuation Patterns According to Formulation: Investigation of Associations in an Administrative Claims Database
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 476 | The Pill, Women’s Health, & Feminism | Holly Grigg-Spall
- FFP 463 | Does The Pill Lower AMH Levels? | The Pill & Your Fertility | Pill Reality Series | Lisa & Amanda
- FFP 430 | What You Need To Know About The Pill | Pill History | Mike Gaskins
- FFP 255 | Is Questioning The Pill Anti Feminist? | Beyond The Pill | Dr. Jolene Brighten, ND
- FFP 203 | The Pill Problem | Ross Pelton
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!