How should we be talking to young women about the pill? How should we be approaching the birth control conversation with the younger generation? Today I’m sharing an interview with Dr. Elizabeth Kissling! We take a deep into feminism, the pill, and the creative marketing techniques that continue to drive this muitl-billion dollar industry.
Today’s episode is sponsored by FAMM! Registration is officially open for the next round of the Fertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship program! Classes begin on October 4th. Follow this link to apply now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- What led Dr. Kissling to her focus of the pill and menstruation
- Results from Dr. Kissling’s study of junior high age girls and their first periods
- The importance of teaching and providing information to young women & men about birth control
- The true effectiveness of condom and why you should not use condoms with any type of oil
- The importance of letting your menstrual cycle mature
- Why putting young girls on birth control can be harmful to their bone health
- The strategic marketing and patent methods behind the birth control pill over the years
Connect with Dr. Kissling:
You can connect with Lisa website.
- No Justice, No Pill/Know (Reproductive) Justice, Know the Pill
- From A Whisper to a Shout
- Capitalizing on the Curse
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 476 | The Pill, Women’s Health, & Feminism | Holly Grigg-Spall
- FFP 298 | Reproductive Justice, Feminism, & Birth Control | Dr. Elizabeth Kissling PhD.
- FFP 261 | Medical Gaslighting, Feminism, Reproductive Health, and Abortion | Nicole Jardim
- FFP 255 | Is Questioning The Pill Anti Feminist? | Beyond The Pill | Dr. Jolene Brighten, ND
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!