Kimberly is a Sexological Bodyworker, Somatic Experiencing trauma resolution practitioner, birth doula, and single mom. She specializes in helping women prepare for birth, recover from birth injuries and birth trauma, and heal from sexual trauma. She is the founder of Magamama.com, an international holistic women’s health care resource for expectant and new mothers. She is the co-founder of the STREAM School for Pelvic Care, where she trained birth professionals, yoga teachers, somatic therapists, and bodyworkers to help women prepare for birth and recover from birth. She is the author of the bestselling book The Fourth Trimester: A Postpartum Guide to Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions and Restoring Your Vitality.
In today’s episode we talk about the fourth trimester, and why postpartum care is essential for both mother and baby.
Today’s episode is sponsored by The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. The Fifth Vital Sign is available for purchase on Amazon — click here to buy now.
- Why is the postpartum period so challenging for so many women?
- How do other cultures treat the postpartum period?
- What do women need (specifically) during the first few months after birth?
- Why women need support of other women during this critical time
- The problem with going about your “normal” daily activities immediately after birth
- Why do Western women have such a difficult time resting when we need to?
- The issue with separating and compartmentalizing the physical, emotional, and spiritual experience of birth
- Reconnecting with your sexuality postpartum
Connect with Kimberly:
- The Fourth Trimester: A Postpartum Guide to Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions and Restoring Your Vitality
- Kimberly Ann Johnson | Magamamas
- Magamama Courses
- The Magamamas Podcast
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Get The First chapter of The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE | thefifthvitalsignbook.com
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 087 | Managing the Postpartum Period | Creating a Support System for New Moms | How to Transition Back to Work After Baby | Arianna Taboada
- FFP 126 | Does Your Diet Impact Your Breastmilk? | Eating for Two: How to Produce the Most Nutritious Breastmilk | Managing the Postpartum Period | What Breastfeeding is Really Like | Lily Nichols
- FFP 043 | The Role of Birth and Postpartum Doulas in the Birthing Process | Placenta Encapsulation | Fertility Awareness | Sarah Moloney
- FFP 195 | Ayurvedic Medicine | Managing The Postpartum Period | Stacy Claxton
- FFP 119 | The Truth About Using Fertility Awareness Postpartum | Is Fertility Awareness Effective When You’re Breastfeeding? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- Fertility Friday Podcast Episodes
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my new book The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. Click here to buy now.