Dr. Jones is an internationally recognized speaker, consultant, and educator on the topic of women’s health and hormones. She graduated from the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM), School of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, Oregon. She was adjunct faculty for many years at NUNM teaching gynecology and advanced endocrinology/fertility and has been the Medical Director for 2 large integrative clinics in Portland. She is also the Medical Director for Precision Analytical, Inc, creators of the DUTCH hormone test.
In today’s episode, we talk about how you can use the DUTCH test to help you get to the bottom of your hormonal imbalances.
My Fertility Awareness Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence in charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
- What is the DUTCH test? And how is it different from regular blood hormone testing?
- Why is the DUTCH test able to provide information, not only about hormone levels, but also information about how your hormones are metabolized in the body?
- Why it is important to work with a practitioner who specializes in reproductive hormone testing to support you in interpreting this complex test.
- When is it appropriate for you to have a DUTCH test? Is it necessary for every woman to have?
- What type of information can be derived from the DUTCH test that you cannot get from a simple blood draw?
- The challenge of lab ranges—how do you know if your levels are actually normal?
- Are all naturopathic doctors equipped to support you with DUTCH testing?
- How would you know if your practitioner is actually qualified to support you with this?
- How can you find a practitioner who is specialized in hormone testing, reproductive hormones, and/or sex hormone imbalances?
- Can the DUTCH hormone test support women who have recently come off hormonal birth control?
- Is testing always necessary? Is it possible to get support without having such a complex and detailed hormone test?
- Understanding the difference between the role of conventionally trained medical doctors and functional practitioners who specialize in hormonal health
- How can detailed hormone testing support women with PCOS specifically?
- Where do you start if your DUTCH test shows that you have several different hormonal challenges?
Connect with Dr. Jones:
- Dr. Carrie Jones, ND | Website
- DUTCH Test | Advanced Hormone Testing
- Fertility Awareness 101 FREE Video Series
- Fertility Friday Programs
- Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 214 | Hormone Testing | The DUTCH Test | Diana Walley | Kristen Burkett
- FFP 053 | The Effect of Light on the Menstrual Cycle and Fertility | Sleeping in Darkness to Regulate Menstruation | Natural Family Planning | Joy DeFelice
- FFP 099 | HPA Axis Dysregulation, Adrenal Fatigue & Fertility | Stress Management | Kelsey Kinney (Marksteiner) RD
- Fertility Awareness Episodes | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!