In this solo episode, I share with you my top tips and strategies for finding a health practitioner who will really support you. I have been receiving more and more requests from listeners wanting referrals and resources for practitioners in their local areas. One thing I’ve found over the years from doing well over 150 interviews with health professionals is that you are best served when you find a practitioner who has taken a specialized interest in the area you need support in.
What it comes down to is that you want to work with someone whose perspective aligns with yours. Whether you see a medical doctor, a functional practitioner, a naturopath or a physiotherapist, you have the right to work with someone who will work with you and support you to achieve optimal health. I show you how to step in the driver’s seat and find a practitioner who shares your perspective and will support the decisions you make about your health.
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- How to choose a practitioner that’s right for you and aligns with your values
- How to approach a practitioner if you’re not sure they’re “on-board” already
- How to find out where your practitioner is coming from & understand her approach to treatment
- Why it’s important to understand your practitioner’s goal as far as treatment is concerned and evaluate if it matches yours
- How to find a practitioner that recognizes your needs?
- Who are the members of your health team?
- The importance of asking the right questions
- How to determine what you really need from a practitioner
- What to do if you find yourself working with a practitioner who isn’t supportive
- The benefits of working with a practitioner who has experience with the specific issue you have
- What questions should you ask when looking for a practitioner?
- What truly makes the biggest impact when you approach health challenges?
Connect with Lisa.
- FFP 124 | Thyroid Health & Fertility, Why the TSH Test Isn’t Enough | Iodine & Thyroid Function | Wilson’s Temperature Syndrome | Dr. David Brownstein, MD | Dr. Denis Wilson, MD
- FFP 116 | Stop The Thyroid Madness | Going Beyond Synthroid & Getting to the Root Cause of Thyroid Disorders | Why the TSH Test Isn’t Enough | What to do when your Doctor Won’t Cooperate | Janie Bowthorpe, M. Ed.
- FFP 104 | Birth Control Pills From Your Doctor’s Perspective | Why Your Physician isn’t Looking at the Root Cause | Alternative Medicine for Women | Dr. Miranda Naylor
- Cora Tampons | Organic Tampons That Work
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor | Cora Tampon
This episode is sponsored by Cora! Made from 100% organic cotton, Cora tampons were designed not only to help you manage your periods but also to preserve your health. For every month of tampons you buy, Cora gives a month of pads along with menstrual health education to a girl in need in India. Click here to receive your first month’s supply free of charge.
*Please note that Cora only ships within the United States.
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Gain clarity and confidence using the Fertility Awareness Method and improve your cycle health at the same time! Click here for more information!