Laura is a Certified Nutrition Consultant, Certified CrossFit Trainer, mama to Evie Wilder, and firm believer in the mind, body, soul connection. She is one of the voices and hearts behind the Modern Mamas Podcast and has a passion for supporting families (especially mamas) in every phase. Laura’s goal is to educate and inspire towards intuitive shifts in daily habits and headspace, leading to healthier minds and bodies, increased strength and physical potential, longevity, and most importantly, the empowerment that comes with taking your health into our own hands.
In today’s episode Laura shares her experience with hypothalamic amenorrhea, and how she got her period back 5 years after coming off the pill.
Today’s episode is sponsored by The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. The Fifth Vital Sign is available for purchase on Amazon. Exciting news!! The audiobook is finally here! Listen to The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE when you sign up for a 30 day free trial with Audible. Click here to download now.
- What inspired Laura to start the Modern Mamas Podcast
- How mindfulness changed Laura’s life
- What is Hypothalamic Amenorrhea
- How exercise, nutrition and stress can affect your menstrual cycle
- How did Laura feel during the 5 years before her period came back post-pill
- How learning to love her body and changing her mindset on her body image changed Laura’s health
- What steps did Laura take to get her period to return
- The importance of women appreciating their bodies and all that they can do
- Why it is so important to listen to your body and tune into what it is telling you
Connect with Laura Bruner:
- Radical Roots | Website
- Modern Mamas Podcast
- Intuitively YOU Course
- 6-Week Postpartum Program
- 6-Week Fitness & Flow for All
- Episode #86 of the MMP: Lisa Hendrickson-Jack of Fertility Friday
- Fertility Friday Awareness Mastery
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize your Fertility | Audiobook | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Get The First chapter of The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE | thefifthvitalsignbook.com
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 223 | Overcoming Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | No Period. Now What? | Dr. Nicola Rinaldi, PhD
- FFP 141 | Surviving Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | Getting Your Period Back Without Fertility Drugs | Nicola Rinaldi
- FFP 138 | Post-Pill Amenorrhea | Why It Took 4 Years For Her Period To Come Back | Andrea Petrus
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP | 113 Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | Making Fertility Awareness Work for You | FAM & Breastfeeding | Managing Your Fertile Window | Sarah, Lisa, & Rose Yewchuk
- FFP 086 | Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | Period Repair Manual | Healthy Hormones | Dr. Lara Briden
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my new book The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. Click here to buy now.