Laura Schoenfeld is a Registered Dietitian (RD), women’s health expert, and business coach for integrative and functional dietitians and nutritionists. Her mission is to educate women on how to nourish their bodies, minds, and spirits and help nutrition professionals grow and scale a successful business.
A specialist trained in functional medical nutrition therapy, she has helped hundreds of women optimize their hormone and gut health while allowing for flexibility in their diet and lifestyle choices. Drawing on her background as a teaching assistant and mentor for the Kresser Institute’s ADAPT functional practitioner program, Laura has coached dozens of dietitians and nutritionists on how to grow their businesses for financial success.
In today’s episode we talk all about hypothalamic amenorrhea, and how to overcome the mindset challenges to successfully recover healthy eating patterns and a healthy cycle!
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook. The first fully customizable paper charting workbook of it’s kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
- What brought Laura into the field of hormonal health and how she pivoted into her current work
- Laura’s belief on where the females desire to be perfect comes from
- How the vision of being perfect leads to hormonal and menstrual issues
- How womens self identities form when it comes to diet and exercise
- Why women focus on their identity
- What it means when your identity is connected to the diet or exercise you follow
- Why women tend to struggle to recover from hypothalamic amenorrhea
- Why its important for women to not focus on their body not being the most important thing
- What are the causes of hypothalamic amenorrhea
- Factors that influence a missing or irregular period
Connect with Laura Schoenfeld:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 301 | Gut Health, Digestion, and Your Fertility | Dr. Haylee Nye, ND, and Kristin Cornett
- FFP 281 | Intermittent Fasting, Keto Diets, and Why Women Should Approach it Differently | Shawn Mynar
- FFP 221 | 10 Ways I Reduced My Sugar and Carbohydrate Consumption | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 188 | Real Food For Pregnancy | Optimizing vegetarian & vegan diets for pregnancy | Lily Nichols
- FFP 172 | Nourishing Fats | Why You Need Animal Fats For Fertility & Pregnancy | Sally Fallon Morell
- FFP 155 | The Impact of Under-Eating on Your Fertility & Your Cycles | Lily Nichols
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 148 | The Impact Of Sugar On The Menstrual Cycle | Body Literacy | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Lisa & Anna
- FFP 092 | Natural Fertility Info | Nutrition For Fertility | Smart Supplementation | Get Pregnant Naturally | Hethir Rodriguez
- FFP 072 | The Connection Between Eating Disorders, PCOS, & Fertility | Angela Grassi
- FFP 066 | Gut Health and Fertility | Preconception Nutrition | GAPS Diet | Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride
- FFP 051 | The Impact of Sugar Consumption on Fertility and Health | Creating a Healthy Relationship with Food | Angelique Panagos
- FFP 049 | Improving Fertility Naturally by Optimizing Your Diet, Lifestyle, and Environment | Eleni Roumeliotou
- FFP 012 | Recovering from Post-Birth Control Syndrome | How to get your period back | Laura Schoenfeld
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by the upcoming Postpartum Edition of Fertility Awareness Mastery LIVE! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here to apply now!