In today’s episode, I have the founder of Lunette, Heli Kurjanen on the show. We talk about what inspired Heli to start this company and go through some of the most common questions women have about menstrual cups, how to use them, and why so many women are switching over to them.
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- What inspired Heli to create Lunette
- How is Lunette different to other menstrual cups on the market
- Why are so many women switching to menstrual cups and other reusable menstrual products
- The environmental impact of disposable menstrual products
- Why menstrual cups are actually more effective in capturing menstrual blood because of their design
- How can using menstrual cups help you connect to your body
- The many many benefits of switching to menstrual cups
- Can teenagers use menstrual cups? Is there a minimum age for use?
- The social construct of “virginity” and how it relates to menstrual products
- The cultural taboos around women touching our own bodies
- When and why do menstrual cups leak?
- What can you tell about your health by paying attention to your period blood
- How do you insert a menstrual cup? Heli gives us step-by-step instructions
- How to change your menstrual cup if you’re using a public washroom
Connect with Heli.
Related Podcast Episodes
- FFP 078 | Lunapads & The Diva Cup | Sustainable, Eco-friendly & Healthy Menstrual Products | Madeleine Shaw & Suzanne Siemens
- FFP 135 | Are Your Menstrual Products Toxic? | The Truth About Conventional Pads & Tampons | Managing Menstruation in Low Resource Settings | Molly Hayward
- FFP 109 | The Reality of Aging & Fertility | IVF & Assisted Reproductive Technology | The Future of Fertility Treatments | Dr. Marjorie Dixon
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by Anova Fertility!
In 2016 Dr. Marjorie Dixon created Anova with the goal to be the leader in innovation, education, and communication for high quality and humanized fertility and reproductive care. Anova Fertility has created the first next-generation IVF lab in Canada. Anova is celebrating her 1st birthday this month. If you are in the Toronto area and are interested in learning more about IVF from Anova’s medical team, we welcome you to sign-up for IVF 101 Education Session at our center. You can visit http://fertilityfriday.com/anova/ for more information. If you live out of the country you can email [email protected] to request a medical consultation over Skype (there is a fee associated with this service).
To learn more about Dr. Marjorie Dixon, tune into our podcast together by clicking this link.
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is also sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information.