This is the sixth episode in my Fertility Awareness Reality Series! I share the work that I do with clients “on air” with you in these special episodes where I am hosting live mini-sessions with women who I have worked with.
In today’s episode I interview Aarathi. Aarathi was a member of my previous Fertility Friday Group Program, who has been trying to conceive for quite some time. After a failed attempt at IVF Aarathi sought a more natural route which is what lead her to discover the podcast. She wanted to be part of this series hoping that her story may give hope and/or inspiration to others.
Make sure to head over to my Group Programs page to find out more about my upcoming January 2017 group programs and how you can apply to be a part of it! You’ll want to apply early as there are a limited number of participants I can accept into each group.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Aarathi’s contraceptive history
- How to monitor cervical mucous when you don’t have much to start with
- How contraceptive pills can have long-term effects on cervical mucous
- What are the key nutrients that are critical for cervical health?
- Aarathi’s experience with failed IVF and MTFHR
- How excessive fertility testing took its toll on Aarathi
- Are there income-based grants for IVF?
- Aarathi discusses her experience with charting and what the most difficult part is for her
- Lisa and Aarathi break down the observational method as it relates to charting cervical mucous
- When is the optimal time for sex when you’re trying to conceive?
- How you can change your sleep habits to help with certain aspects of conceiving
- How Aarathi’s vegetarian diet affects her fertility
- Why Lisa recommends cod liver oil instead of fish oil
- FFP 054 | The MTHFR Gene Mutation and Fertility | Recurrent Miscarriage, Nutrient Deficiencies, and Folic Acid | Diane Keddy
- FFP 053 | The Effect of Light on the Menstrual Cycle and Fertility | Sleeping in Darkness to Regulate Menstruation | Natural Family Planning | Joy DeFelice
- FFP 009 | Sacred Fertility Foods | The key to having healthy babies and a healthy pregnancy | Sally Fallon-Morell
- F.lux App
- ScreenShade App (Mac)
Other Episodes in the FAM Reality Series
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 105 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Fertility Awareness Method | PCOS | Balancing Blood Sugar | Nutrition for Fertility | Teri & Lisa
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 107 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Fertility Awareness Method | Low Hormone Cycle | Impact of a Long-Term Vegetarian Diet on the Menstrual Cycle | Carolina & Lisa
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 110 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Using Fertility Awareness for Birth Control | Aisha & Lisa
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 112 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Low Progesterone, Miscarriage, Stress & The Menstrual Cycle | Overcoming Fertility Challenges | Amelia & Lisa
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP | 113 Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Hypothalamic Amenorrhea | Making Fertility Awareness Work for You | FAM & Breastfeeding | Managing Your Fertile Window | Sarah, Lisa, & Rose Yewchuk
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
This episode is sponsored by Circle + Bloom! Click here to receive 20% off Circle + Bloom products! Make sure to use discount code: FertilityFriday at checkout!