Colleen is a Chiropractic Doctor who utilizes a functional medicine approach to menstrual cycle and reproductive health challenges. Combining her functional medicine background and her passion for women’s health, Colleen embarked upon her own discovery of healing and reconnection to fertility. She began charting her cycles and completed certification in The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ while pursuing continuing education to deepen her understanding of endocrinology, the microbiome, and reproductive health. Before long, she enrolled in Justisse College to become a fertility awareness educator and holistic reproductive healthcare provider. Now, Colleen teaches charting and uses her patient’s cycle charts as a valuable diagnostic tool to help women regain their fertility while empowering them with a connection to their cycles and control over their family planning desires. It is her goal to help women have robust fertility, healthy pregnancies, thriving babies, and effective birth control without compromising their health and vitality.
In today’s episode, we focus on sex steroid metabolism & how to support your liver to ensure your hormones are balanced.
My Fertility Awareness Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
- How is your menstrual cycle related to your hormone cycle?
- How are your main reproductive hormones, estrogen and progesterone, metabolized by your liver?
- The role of cholesterol in sex steroid metabolism
- What is the relationship between progesterone and cortisol?
- How does stress affect the menstrual cycle?
- What is the pregnenolone steal?
- What role does the liver play in your body?
- What nutrients does your liver need to function normally?
- How would you know if your liver is impaired?
- How to improve your liver health and support hormone metabolism
- How does alcohol impact your liver?
- How does caffeine affect liver metabolism?
- How can issues with liver metabolism show up on your menstrual cycle chart?
- How fertility awareness can connect you with your body on a deeper level
Connect with Colleen:
- Nourishing Fats: Why We Need Animal Fats for Health and Happiness
- Detoxify or Die (book) Sherry Rogers
- Fertility Awareness 101
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 172 | Nourishing Fats | Why You Need Animal Fats For Fertility & Pregnancy | Sally Fallon Morell
- FFP 054 | The MTHFR Gene Mutation and Fertility | Recurrent Miscarriage, Nutrient Deficiencies, and Folic Acid | Diane Keddy
- FFP 154 | Managing Your Toxic Load | Optimizing Digestion and Liver Function | Dr. Joseph Pizzorno | Dr. Joe Klassen
- FFP 122 | Liver Function, Fertility, & Menstrual Health | Xenoestrogens | Liver Detoxification | Fatty Liver Disease | Lisa Leger, HRHPE
- FFP 065 | 6 Easy Ways to Reduce Your Xenoestrogen Exposure with Lisa | Fertility Friday
- Fertility Awareness Podcast Episodes | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!