Rebecca Coomes is an author, entrepreneur, passionate foodie and intrepid traveler. She transformed her health after a lifetime of chronic illness, and today guides others on their own path to wellness. She is the founder of The Healthy Gut (www.thehealthygut.co), a platform where people can learn about gut health and how it is important for a healthy mind and body. She coaches SIBO patients on how to live well with SIBO through her SIBO Coaching Program.
Rebecca is the author of the world’s first cookbooks for people treating Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) and is the host of The Healthy Gut podcast and SIBO Cooking Show.
In today’s show, we talk all about SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) and how it can affect your fertility and your menstrual cycle!
Today’s episode is sponsored by my 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program. I have designed the Fertility Awareness Mastery program to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
- What is SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth), and how does it contribute to gut issues?
- The connection between IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and SIBO
- What are some of the most common symptoms associated with SIBO?
- Why having an overgrowth bacteria in your small intestine can cause health problems
- How can you test for SIBO?
- How prevalent is SIBO?
- What causes SIBO?
- What are the most effective treatment options for SIBO?
- Is it possible to “cure” SIBO?
- How to find a practitioner who is knowledgeable in diagnosing and treating SIBO?
- What other illnesses are related to SIBO?
- What is the connection between endometriosis and SIBO?
- Is it possible to heal SIBO with diet alone?
- How Rebecca resolved her painful periods and endometriosis symptoms through dietary and lifestyle changes
- How to reduce SIBO symptoms with dietary changes
Connect with Rebecca:
- The Healthy Gut (website) | Rebecca Coomes
- The Healthy Gut (Podcast) | Rebecca Coomes
- The SIBO Cookbook | Rebecca Coomes
- The SIBO Test (website)
- SIBO Info (website)| Dr. Allison Siebecker
- 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Program
Related Podcast Episodes:
- FFP 084 | Adrenal Fatigue, Fertility & Hormone Balance | The Kalish Method | Dr. Daniel Kalish
- FFP 145 | Overcoming Endometriosis Naturally | Endoempowered | Melissa Turner
- FFP 142 | Endometriosis, PCOS, Acne & Infertility | Getting to the Root Cause | Dr. Pamela Frank
- FFP 136 | Endometriosis, PCOS & Fibroids | Surgical Techniques That Preserve Fertility | NaPro Technology | Dr. Kyle Beiter
- FFP 143 | Choosing the Right Practitioner | How To Find A Functional Practitioner Who Will Really Help You | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- [On Air Client Session] FFP 151 | Overcoming Period Pain | The Link Between Digestion & The Menstrual Cycle | Lisa & Stacey
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Program! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!