This is the first episode in my new Fertility Awareness Reality Series! I will be sharing the work that I do with clients “on air” with you in these special episodes where I am hosting live mini-sessions with women who I have worked with.
In today’s episode I interview Teri, who is a member of my most recent Fertility Friday Group Program! We delve into her history of contraceptive use, as well as how her menstrual cycles have changed over time. We also delve into her recent PCOS diagnosis, how this is showing up on her charts, and what she can do to begin addressing these issues through dietary and lifestyle changes.
Make sure to head over to my Group Programs page to find out more about my upcoming January 2017 group programs and how you can apply to be a part of it! You’ll want to apply early as there are a limited number of participants I can accept into each group.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Understanding ovulation pain and how to keep track of it through charting
- Deconstructing the PCOS diagnosis
- The importance of balancing blood sugar when managing PCOS
- How does The Pill impact cervical mucus production both while you’re on it and afterwards
- How to structure meals for nutrient density instead of counting calories
- The impact of sleep on the menstrual cycle
- 23 and Me Genetic Testing
- The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby and Child Care
- 2017 Fertility Friday Group Programs
PCOS Related Podcast Episodes
- FFP 022 | What is PCOS? | Healing PCOS Naturally | PCOS Diva Amy Medling
- FFP 029 | Learning to use Fertility Awareness after Coming Off of the Pill | Managing PCOS Naturally | Jennifer Neff
- FFP 052 | Surviving Fertility Challenges | Infertility, PCOS & IVF | Kym Campbell
- FFP 060 | Treating PCOS Without Fertility Drugs | Conceiving Naturally With PCOS | Dr. Katherine Sherif
- FFP 072 | The Connection Between Eating Disorders, PCOS, & Fertility | Angela Grassi
- FFP 103 | Real Food for PCOS | PCOS, Insulin Resistance & Diabetes | Managing PCOS Naturally with Diet | Balancing Blood Sugar | Lily Nichols
Other Episodes in the FAM Reality Series
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 107 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Fertility Awareness Method | Low Hormone Cycle | Impact of a Long-Term Vegetarian Diet on the Menstrual Cycle | Carolina & Lisa
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 110 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Using Fertility Awareness for Birth Control | Aisha & Lisa
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 112 | Fertility Awareness Reality Series | Low Progesterone, Miscarriage, Stress & The Menstrual Cycle | Overcoming Fertility Challenges | Amelia & Lisa
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic