Clare is the founder of Fertility Massage Therapy. Fertility Massage Therapy combines massage and emotional healing to enhance successful conception using techniques such as abdominal sacral massage, pulsing reflexology, and guided visualizations. After qualifying as a holistic massage therapist in the United Kingdom, Clare became one of the few qualified therapists, in abdominal sacral massage (fertility massage). She continued to train in numerous bodywork styles before studying naturopathy and the Billings Ovulation Method in Australia, which provided her a deeper understanding of women’s health.
In today’s show, we talk about the benefits of Fertility Massage Therapy, and how this type of work can help women to connect to their bodies and their femininity. Clare incorporates naturopathy and the Billings Ovulation Method into her practice, and we delve into how applying these modalities help women to not only improve their menstrual health and fertility but also to connect with their bodies in a powerful and meaningful way.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- Why are so many women so deeply disconnected from their bodies, particularly their womb and their reproductive organs?
- What impact does Fertility Massage Therapy have on women experiencing fertility challenges?
- How women view our reproductive organs as separate from our “selves” and why this matters for women throughout our lives
- What does a healthy menstrual cycle look like?
- How does the position of a woman’s uterus impact her menstrual cycle?
- How does sitting for long periods of time impact the position of and blood circulation to the uterus?
- Why might you want to think twice about doing strenuous and hard physical training around menstruation
- Why is it important to connect to your body’s wisdom around menstruation and slow down a bit instead of “pushing through the pain”?
- The seasons of the menstrual cycle, and how understanding them can impact how you view your cycle and help you to structure your commitments accordingly
- How to time sex to increase your chances of conceiving a girl versus a boy
- How hormonal birth control impacts your ability to produce cervical mucus
Connect with Clare
- Fertility Massage Therapy | Clare Blake
- FFP 044 | Taking Charge of Your Fertility | Fertility Awareness Method | Toni Weschler
- FFP 033 | Why Having Healthy Menstrual Cycles is Important for All Women | Night Lighting & Cycle Regulation | Electromagnetic Radiation | Katie Singer
- FFP 070 | Healing, Illness, Fertility & Pregnancy | Getting to the Root Cause | Dr. Thomas Cowan
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)