Taq, ਤਕਦੀਰ ਕੌਰ Taqdir Kaur Bhandal, is the CEO of @imwithperiods. She runs her small business & think tank and spends her days doing research and teaching at the University of BC. She also gets to nerd out with fellow scholars as a member of the Society for Menstrual Cycle Research. When she’s not engaging in period research & writing of some kind, she spends her days trying to follow the rays of the sun with her dog. She’s trained as a human developmental biologist, health policy analyst, and herbalist. She is now physically based in Halifax, Nova Scotia on Mi’kmaw Territories after spending many years living in Vancouver. She is passionate about nachos & nach (dance)!
In today’s episode, we talk all about self care, and why it’s essential to maintaining healthy menstrual cycles!
- Taq’s background and what prompted her to write Self Care Down There
- Inspired her to focus on this area of female self-care
- What is the overarching message of the book?
- How did FAM effect Taq’s understanding of self-care and how it changed Taq’s way of taking care of herself?
- How being aware of emotional and energetic changes in your body can help cope with the shifts that happen in your cycle
- What are things we can do and useful information in the book that we may not know
- Taq’s thoughts on how to overcome challenges that come from outside influences
- How pop culture has affected how sex is portrayed and how we relate to each other sexually
- Taq and Lisa’s thoughts on sexual abuse and consent
Connect with Taqdir Kaur Bhandal :
- Self Care Down There
- Pleasure Activism: The Politics of Feeling Good
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 317 | Vaginal Steaming | Fourth Trimester Vaginal Steam Study | Keli Garza & Kimberly Ann Johnson
- FFP 296 | All About Menstrual Cups | Your Questions Answered | INTIMINATM | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 226 | Xenoestrogens in Black Hair Products | Tola Okogwu
- FFP 217 | All About Menstrual Cups! | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 202 | Vaginal Steaming for Period Problems | Steamy Chick | Keli Garza
- FFP 156 | Menstrual Cups & Your Period | An Interview With The Founder of Lunette | Heli Kurjanen
- FFP 078 | Lunapads & The Diva Cup | Sustainable, Eco-friendly & Healthy Menstrual Products | Madeleine Shaw & Suzanne Siemens
- FFP 026 | Myths and Facts About Sexual Assault | The Impact of Sexual Abuse on Fertility and Infertility Part 1 | Erin Martin
- FFP 027 | The Impact of Sexual Abuse on Fertility and Infertility | Part 2 | Dr Erica Berman
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: