Traci is the co-author of The Dangers of Depo: The World’s Most Dangerous Birth Control. A new book about the injectable contraceptive first released in July 2017. Together with Dr. Poppy Daniels, the collaboration resulted in an easy to read, an incredibly informative book about the extremely problematic contraceptive, known as the “depo shot.” Traci is also the Founder of depotruth.ca (@depotruth) an online resource for women to learn about the injectable contraceptive. Traci took Depo in 2010 and is still struggling with the effects to this day which is exactly why she’s so passionate about raising awareness and helping those negatively affected know that they are not alone.
In today’s interview, we’re talking about the side effects of Depo. Whether you’re considering Depo or currently taking it you’ll want to know what to watch for, and we cover the most common side effects in today’s episode.
Today’s episode is sponsored by my 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Group Program. I have designed the Fertility Awareness Mastery program to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!
- What are the most common symptoms associated with Depo Provera?
- What is Depo withdrawal?
- Why Depo (and other hormonal contraceptives) has a black box warning
- If the drug companies clearly outline the side effects associated with these drugs, why aren’t doctors advising their patients about them?
Connect with Traci:
- The Dangers of Depo | The World’s Most Dangerous Birth Control | Traci Johnstone & Poppy Daniels
- 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery group program | Fertility Friday
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 136 | Endometriosis, PCOS & Fibroids | Surgical Techniques That Preserve Fertility | NaPro Technology | Dr. Kyle Beiter
- FFP 104 | Birth Control Pills From Your Doctor’s Perspective | Why Your Physician isn’t Looking at the Root Cause | Alternative Medicine for Women | Dr. Miranda Naylor
- FFP 159 | Vulvodynia | Pain with Sex (Intercourse) | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | Lisa & Madeline
- FFP 146 | Anxiety, Depression & Low Libido | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | LeAnna & Samantha
- FFP 137 | Panic Attacks, Emotional Breakdowns, and Recurrent Yeast Infections | The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control | Briana & Cieara
- Fertility Awareness Podcast Episodes | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my 10 Week Fertility Awareness Mastery Program! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!