Michelle Oravitz L.Ac, FABORM is an acupuncturist, ayurvedic practitioner, and certified hypnotherapist specializing in fertility health. Michelle was inspired to change her career from architecture to acupuncture after having her own reproductive imbalances resolved by her acupuncturist. Her method of treatment encompasses not only herbs and acupuncture, but also incorporates diet, supplements, essential oils, and most importantly the mind and how it influences conception. She helps women and couples both online and in person, and is the host of The Wholesome Fertility Podcast.
In today’s episode Michelle shares how the phases of the menstrual cycle are broken down in Chinese Medicine, and why your period has always been considered a vital sign in Eastern Medicine.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Course. The most in-depth and comprehensive online fertility awareness self-study program available. Click here to join now!
- Why Michelle switched careers
- How Chinese Medicine looks at the menstrual cycle
- How Chinese Medicine compares to Western Medicine
- What Michelle looks for in a woman’s menstrual cycle
- Michelle’s suggestions to support women’s liver health
- Michelle’s recommendations for women with heavy bleeding
- How specific diets are not suitable for every woman and how they affect the menstrual cycle
- Rule of acupuncture and addressing pain in reference to cramping
Connect with Michelle Oravitz:
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 245 | Essential Oils and Your Hormones | Dr Mariza Snyder
- FFP 195 | Ayurvedic Medicine | Managing The Postpartum Period | Stacy Claxton
- FFP 192 | Chinese Medicine for Menstrual Cycle Health | Eric Karchmer
- FFP 081 | Miscarriage, Pregnancy & Mindset | Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) | Heidi Brockmyre
- FFP 062 | Acupuncture for Fertility and Menstrual Cycle Health | Jani White
- FFP 032 | Acupuncture for Fertility | Male Factor Infertility | Marc Sklar
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: