Dr. Fiona McCulloch ND, the founder, and owner of White Lotus Integrative Medicine has worked with thousands of people seeking better health over the past 15 years of her practice. She is committed to health education and advocacy, empowering her patients with the most current information on health topics and natural medicine therapies with a warm, empathic approach.
In today’s show, we talk about Dr. Fiona’s new book “8 Steps to Reverse your PCOS” which she released in September 2016! We also talk about the connection between PCOS, inflammation, gut health & thyroid conditions!
Dr. Fiona joined us on a previous episode: episode 45 where we talked about the autoimmune disease as it relates to fertility, thyroid health, and MTHFR gene mutation
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Course. The most in-depth and comprehensive online fertility awareness self-study program available. Click here to join now!
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Why has there been a recent push to change the name of PCOS?
- The connection between PCOS, insulin resistance, and Diabetes
- What is inflammation as it relates to PCOS and how is it caused?
- The connection between inflammation, food sensitivities, and autoimmunity
- Why is following whole foods based nutrition plan so important for reducing chronic low-grade inflammation?
- Androgen excess and PCOS
- What is Hirsutism and how can it connect to PCOS?
- How do stress and hormones affect the length of the ovulatory process?
- How hormones affect a woman’s cycle as she matures
- Why doctors should use caution when diagnosing PCOS for an adolescent female
- The connection between PCOS and Cardiovascular Disease
- How can thyroid disorders play a role in PCOS?
- Dispelling the myth that PCOS doesn’t go away after giving birth
- Dr. Fiona’s advice for women with PCOS who are trying to conceive
Connect with Dr. Fiona McCulloch, ND
- Dr. Fiona’s Book: 8 Steps to Reverse your PCOS
- White Lotus Integrative Medicine
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 022 | What is PCOS? | Healing PCOS Naturally | PCOS Diva Amy Medling
- FFP 060 | Treating PCOS Without Fertility Drugs | Conceiving Naturally With PCOS | Dr. Katherine Sherif
- FFP 103 | Real Food for PCOS | PCOS, Insulin Resistance & Diabetes | Managing PCOS Naturally with Diet | Balancing Blood Sugar | Lily Nichols
- FFP 425 | PCOS or HA? | What Is The Difference? | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 354 | Coming Off The Pill With PCOS | Kate Kordsmeier
- FFP 211 | Healing PCOS | Amy Medling
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women’s health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you’ve been waiting for. Click here to apply now!