You may already know Lara as the author of Period Repair Manual which we’ll talk about more today. Lara was one of my very first guests, and I’m excited to have her back on the show. In our first interview together we delved into what the pill is really doing to your hormones, and it has been one of my most popular episodes of the show, so if you missed it definitely go back and listen to episode 007. Dr. Briden is a Naturopathic doctor with over 20 years of experience in women’s health. She specializes in the area of hormone health, and she is the founder of larabriden.com where she educates the masses on maintaining healthy hormones!
In today’s show we delve into hypothalamic amenorrhea and HPA axis disregulation, which is a topic I’ve had many requests to delve into on the show.
Topics discussed in today’s episode
- What is hypothalamic amenorrhea?
- What are the symptoms of hypothalamic amenorrhea?
- What is the difference between PCOS and hypothalamic amenorrhea?
- The impact of the pill on hypothalamic amenorrhea
- What is the relationship between under eating and hypothalamic amenorrhea
- How much carbohydrates do women need to eat?
- The relationship between stress and amenorrhea
- The problem with the idea of “eating the perfect diet”
- What you need to know about supplementation and your periods
- How does vitex impact hormones and periods?
- Why there is no magic supplement that will fix your periods
- How does alcohol impact our hormone levels?
- The role male infertility plays in infertility in general
Connect with Lara
- Lara’s Healthy Hormone Blog | Lara Briden
- Period Repair Manual | Lara Briden
- FFP 007 | What the pill really does to your hormones | PCOS & Menstrual Irregularities | Dr Lara Briden
- Have You Lost Your Period to a Low Carb Diet? | Lara Briden
- FFP 055 | Menstrual Cycle Health | Why Regular Ovulation is Essential for Bone, Heart and Breast Health | Dr. Jerilynn Prior
- FFP 033 | The Garden of Fertility | Night Lighting & Cycle Regulation | Electromagnetic Radiation | Katie Singer
Join the community! Find us on the Fertility Friday Facebook Fan Page
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by Sirc of (The Nock)