Nicole is a Naturopathic Doctor who practices in the Durham Region. She received her medical training from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine after completing a 4-year Honours Bachelor of Kinesiology degree from McMaster University. Nicole welcomes treating a variety of health conditions however she has a special interest in treating women’s health and hormonal issues. Having undergone her own challenges to begin her family, she is passionate about helping others with their fertility concerns. She combines natural medicines with conventional science to create a truly integrative health care experience. She is passionate about what she does and enjoys spreading the message of health. She has lectured at local colleges and has appeared on local television programs to educate others on various health topics.
In today’s show, we talk about seed cycling and the role it can play in balancing hormones and improving menstrual cycle health. We also discuss realigning your expectations coming off of hormonal birth control because it is really important to know that there is a transition period after using a hormonal contraceptive. We also elaborate the factors that could affect your pregnancy and most especially about having a healthy baby. That knowing about your chart and what a healthy cycle looks like will be beneficial in attaining your overall health. After coming off of hormonal birth control there is a very real transition period until your cycle returns to healthy and normal parameters.
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- Nicole shares her experience with endometriosis and how it led her to become a Naturopathic Doctor.
- How do ovulation predictor kits (OPKs) work?
- Is it possible to have endometriosis without having any signs and symptoms?
- What is laparoscopy?
- The importance of having the right diagnosis and how you would benefit from it
- The truth about unexplained infertility
- What is seed cycling and how can it help balance your menstrual cycle?
- The connection between the menstrual cycle and the lunar calendar
- What to expect coming off of hormonal birth control?
- How long does it typically take for a woman’s period to come back after coming off of hormonal contraceptives?
- Using Vitex to regulate your hormones. How long should you take it for?
- How to improve your egg quality?
- The importance of having adequate progesterone production in the body.
- How diet and lifestyle affect your body and your reproductive health?
- When is the best time to get off the pill?
Connect with Dr. Sandilands.
Join the community! Find us in the Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Subscribe to the Fertility Friday Podcast on iTunes!
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor | Cora Tampons
This episode is sponsored by Cora! Made from 100% organic cotton, Cora tampons were designed not only to help you manage your periods but also to preserve your health. For every month of tampons you buy, Cora gives a month of pads along with menstrual health education to a girl in need in India. Click here to receive your first month’s supply free of charge.
*Please note that Cora only ships within the United States.
Fertility Friday | Fertility Management Masterclass
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Management Masterclass! Gain clarity and confidence using the Fertility Awareness Method and improve your cycle health at the same time! Click here for more information!