Shawn Mynar is a holistic nutritionist and mindset coach based out of Boulder, Colorado. After years of chronic health issues, Shawn was able to regain complete health by changing the food she puts on her plate, the lifestyle choices she makes, and the mindset she brings to daily life. She now has made it her life’s mission to help others understand both the power of using food and a healthy, positive mindset as medicine on the path to total wellness. Shawn believes in and coaches on the frameworks of intuitive eating, body respect, self-compassion, and health at every size.
In today’s episode we get down to the biggest differences between men and women when it comes to Keto diets, intermittent fasting, and much more!
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook. The first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Today’s episode is sponsored by The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. The Fifth Vital Sign is available for purchase on Amazon. Exciting news!! The audiobook is finally here! Listen to The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE when you sign up for a 30 day free trial with Audible. Click here to download now.
- What the Keto Diet was originally intended to for
- The personal experience that led Shawn to start the Keto Diet and therefore begin her career
- What is the Keto Diet
- How do you know you are in Ketosis
- The difference between full-on ketosis and a lower carb diet
- Why getting enough fats is important to build ketones and get to ketosis
- What makes Keto a healing tool
- The real goal of Keto for women
- How Keto works differently for men vs. woman
- Whether Keto is best used only for the healing process or a way to eat forever
- The importance of listening to your body when eating
- How to know if Keto is right for you
- How to add fats to your meals and to your vegetables
- Why you should do Keto on your own terms and your own guidelines
Connect with Shawn Mynar:
- Shawn Mynar | Website
- Keto for Women Show with Shawn Mynar
- The Unstuck Project
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize your Fertility | Audiobook | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Get The First chapter of The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE | thefifthvitalsignbook.com
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 280 | Hormones, Menopause, and Using the Keto Diet to Manage Symptoms | Dr. Anna Cabeca
- FFP 221 | 10 Ways I Reduced My Sugar and Carbohydrate Consumption | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 188 | Real Food For Pregnancy | Optimizing vegetarian & vegan diets for pregnancy | Lily Nichols
- FFP 155 | The Impact of Under-Eating on Your Fertility & Your Cycles | Lily Nichols
- FFP 103 | Real Food for PCOS | PCOS, Insulin Resistance & Diabetes | Managing PCOS Naturally with Diet | Balancing Blood Sugar | Lily Nichols
- FFP 051 | The Impact of Sugar Consumption on Fertility and Health | Creating a Healthy Relationship with Food | Angelique Panagos
- FFP 028 | Carbohydrate Restriction for Weight Loss | Insulin Sensitivity and PCOS | Franziska Spritzler
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-Gantic
A Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by my new book The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. Click here to buy now.